Migration and update to JoomGallery 1.5
- Last Updated on Monday, 13 February 2012 09:37
Since the PonyGallery ML our intention always was to provide users of older versions with the possibility to make an update if a newer version of the gallery was available. With the Updatezip for the PonyGallery it is possible to update any older version to 2.5.1
With publishing the JoomGallery we also provide the Migration manager to transfer the pictures from the PonyGallery ML to the JoomGallery. Also for the JoomGallery 1.0.0 there is an Updatezip available to actualize older versions.
This we also offer for the JoomGallery 1.5.5. It will be no longer a manual update which leads partly to some problems as e. g. 'SafeMode=on' or wrong file owner. You can use the autoupdate function to obtain the update or, if not possible, download the the Zip from our downloads and install them with the extension manager of Joomla!.
Don't deinstall the existent installation of Joomla! before.
The update process will recognize an older version of the galllery (since version 1.0) and modifies them to recent state. The images, categories are not deleted. You can find more details at this article.
How to make the change from the JoomGallery 1.0.0 to the native JoomGallery 1.5.5? This version have e. g. changes in the database. Therefore a database export/import and a simple replacement of the files is not longer possible. In this FAQ we will explain it on the basis of an example.
In the following scenarios the target system is based on the actual JoomGallery 1.5.5 in Joomla 1.5.x. For safety reasons you should always use the actual version of Joomla! 1.5.x. If necessary make an update before.
Please make an update of the database and the files in following steps:
- Before the migration within the JoomGallery because data of the PonyGallery will be deleted and the database tables will be cleared.
- Before database import
- Before file transfers into the new installation. Via FTP accidentally wrong files could be deleted or overwritten...
From the PonyGallery ML 2.5.1 or lower under Joomla! 1.0.x
- If necessary update to PonyGallery ML 2.5.1 with the Updatezip
- Parallel installation of JoomGallery 1.0.0. in Joomla! 1.0.x
- Start the migration within the JoomGallery 1.0.0 (Migration Manager)
- Manual export of the database tables (phpMyAdmin or similar) and the picture folders (ftp) of the JoomGallery 1.0.0.
Notice: If there are differences between the DB table prefixes from the old and the new DB you have to open the exported files in a text editor. Then replace the prefixes (e.g 'mos_' to jos_')
- Installation of the JoomGallery 1.0.0 in Joomla! 1.5.x with activated Legacy Plug-in
- Manual import of the database tables (phpMyAdmin or similar) and the picture folders (ftp) into the JoomGallery 1.0.0. in Joomla! 1.5.x
- Installation of the component (1.5) from the backend of Joomla! (Extension Manager). Therewith the JoomGallery 1.0.0 will be updated automatically to the actual JoomGallery 1.5.x. In this process the database will be updated, orphaned files deleted and the other files updated if necessary.
From the PonyGallery ML ported 2.5.1 (german) (native by Chraneco) in Joomla! 1.5.x
- Activating of the Legacy Plugin at Joomla! 1.5.x if not already done.
- Installation of the JoomGallery 1.0.0 in Joomla 1.5.x
- Execution of the migration within the JoomGallery 1.0.0 (Migration Manager)
- Installation of the component (1.5) at the backend of Joomla! (Extension Manager). Therewith the JoomGallery 1.0.0 will be updated automatically to the actual JoomGallery 1.5.x. In this process the database will be updated, orphaned files deleted and other files updated if necessary.
From JoomGallery 1.0.0 in Joomla! 1.5.x with activated Legacy Plugin
From JoomGallery 1.5 in Joomla! 1.5.x
The FAQ will be constantly updated. We wish a successful migration and update. If you have any questions please post them in the Forum.